A Report on State Agency and Transportation Authority Implementation of Sunset Advisory Commission Management Actions
Report Number 13-006
The State Auditor's Office has reviewed the status of 10 state agencies' and 1 public transit authority's implementation of 25 non-statutory recommendations (management actions) included in the Sunset Advisory Commission Report to the 82nd Legislature. The entities involved included:
- Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- Commission on State Emergency Communications.
- Commission on Environmental Quality.
- Texas A&M Forest Service.
- State Committee of Examiners in the Fitting and Dispensing of Hearing Instruments.
- Office of Injured Employee Counsel.
- Racing Commission.
- Soil and Water Conservation Board.
- Department of Transportation.
- Water Development Board.
- Department of Insurance – Division of Workers' Compensation.
All of the entities reported that they had either fully implemented or were in the process of implementing all management actions. Twenty of the 25 management actions were reported as having been fully or substantially implemented; 5 management actions were reported as incomplete or ongoing. No entity reported that it had not implemented management actions in response to the Sunset Advisory Commission's recommendations.
The table in the attachment summarizes the implementation status of the management actions at the 11 entities reviewed.
Download the Acrobat
version of this report. (.pdf)